Online Works Cited and Notecard Generator
Setting up an account
Follow link from library web site
Click on “Create Personal ID”
- Leave the first choice, a “library or school account” selected
- Enter the school library username & password:
o Username: uhighstudent
o Password: pioneers
- Complete the registration process
Creating a “list” or a works cited page:
- Click on the “Create a New List” button on the right side of the screen
- Answer the questions regarding your new list and your first entry
To add an entry to a list that already exists:
- Click on the title of the list to enter
- Use the drop down menu near the center of the screen to choose the type of resource you need to cite
- Answer questions and provide information on the resource to complete the entry
To share your list with your teacher:
- Click on “Share”
- Enter your name and the class name as provided by your teacher. Your teacher must have already set up the class in his/her account for sharing to work.
Analysis of sources
- Click the “Analysis” button to see a graph analysis of your sources. Use this to make sure your sources are current and well-balanced in type.
- To create a notecard for the source you are viewing in your works cited page, click on “new” in the column labeled “notecards”
- Fill in all relevant boxes to complete your notecard
- After you have created notecards for a resource, you can view these by clicking “show” in the “notecard” column in your works cited entry
- To view all your notecards from all sources at the same time, click on the “Notecards” button on the bar at the top of the screen.
- Use the buttons to create new notecards, cluster notecards, print, etc.